Friday, July 11, 2008

Two Words: Vegas and Chocolate

"Like jewelry or perfume. A blend, a shape, a texture. Creating a candy with precision, emotion, and passion. Give yourself the pleasure of gods."

~ Jean-Philippe Maury

My Friday/weekend got off to an awesome start this morning when my friend Debra Newby (an attorney, but we don't hold that against her!) gave me a thank you gift for referring a client to her: a box of very high quality chocolates from famed chef Jean-Philippe Maury, who runs Jean-Philippe Patisserie at the Bellagio, in Las Vegas. Cool! Looks like tonight it'll be some Prager Port and a Cool (fresh mint infused ganache, dark chocolate coated)... or perhaps a Sevillian (orange marzipan, Grand Marnier ganache, dark chocolate coated)... or perhaps... well, you get the idea. Thanks Debra!

P.S. Speaking of LV, my trip to the Big City is now only two weeks away. I'm on a strict sleep and nutrition program, have refilled my vitamins, etc. -- all to build up my reserves, so to speak, for the dash/tear/tremor/tumble through LV town. More of course on this soon....

No comments: