Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Napa Valley Everyday: Part 1

About twice a week, I find myself driving a 9- or 10-mile strip on Highway 29 in the Napa Valley stretching from just south of the town of St. Helena north, to the town of Calistoga. Along this path are three of my favorite lunch stops, which I call "Napa Valley Everday": Buster's Barbecue & Bakery, Taylor's Refresher, and the topic of today's post, The Silverado Brewing Company.
SBC is located in an old stone building which used to be Freemark Abby Cellars. I love the interior: stone walls, dimmish-lighting, the beautiful polished-smooth bar. To the right of the bar area is the dining room, and to the left, behind a huge glass wall, are the tall stainless steel vats. It's a lot of fun to sit at the bar, have a great made-right-there beer, and watch the beermakers lug their hoses and what-not from vat to vat.

My favorite sandwich there: the pulled pork. It's a delicious salty-sweet treat. The pork, from the veritable Niman Ranch, is slow-roasted, and melts in your mouth. It comes with one of my favorite sides: the orange, not-as-greasy-as-regular-fries sweet potato fries. I order an Oatmeal Stout to accompany the sandwich: black and layered yet light enough to drink with lunch.

Their web site isn't much to look at, but check em out sometime: http://www.silveradobrewingcompany.com/.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They make AWESOME beer!!!!

ckderum26 said...

I ALMOST stopped there today, but figured rather than drinking alone in Napa I should head home ;-).

next time. . .

Big Night Fan said...

It's a very sad thought to think of KD drinking anywhere alone*. Yes, next time.

*That's never stopped me.

Big Night Fan said...

Had their Ceasar Salad today for lunch--was great, though I had to ask twice for anchovies. What's up with that????

Azy Does It said...

I've never been there. But, I love a good pulled pork sandwich. I'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

I am always looking for a place with good beer. This sounds like my next stop.