Monday, October 13, 2008

Ah, Breakfast

O.K., time for another food confession (albeit, a mild one): while I love dinner, I really, really love breakfast. There's nothing better to me than a big, leisurely Sunday brunch with great eggs, some potatoes, an English muffin, and great coffee. Yes!

I've been thinking about breakfast a lot of late, as it's the featured item in the October issue of Saveur magazine. One thing did pop out. I love peanut butter. But Nutella? Apparently, according to Saveur, this was introduced to the world in the 1940's by Italian pastry maker Pietro Ferrero. It was inspired by gianduja, a paste-like confection of chocolate and hazelnuts native to Italy's Piedmont region. Anyway, I'm now on a quest: to track down some Nutella, try it, and see if I like it more than peanut butter. I know, I know, not the most exciting thing to ever happen in Every Meal A Feast land. But this is about breakfast, man, and thus this becomes a worthwhile, even noble, quest. Stay tuned.

No comments: