Monday, January 14, 2008

Bon Mots and Catch-ups

A few things relating to some previous posts:

NV Frontier Red Lot No. 71
O.K., so I feel a bit, well, vindicated re: my recent praise of Fess Parker Winery's NV Frontier Red Lot No. 71. I called it my "My Wine Holy Grail" for being the best under-$10 per bottle-of-wine I've had recently, and San Francisco Chronicle wine writer W. Blake Gray backed this up by naming this wine one of the top 15 "Bargain Wines" for 2007 (Dec. 28, 2007). Again, I think this wine not only tastes great, but has a great feel. Check it out.



Ring in the New Year
I also have gotten some more info from Rosanne at Studio on Main, who has, among other unique gifts, the rings and pendants made out of vintage silverware (see my post entitled Ring in the New Year). According to Rosanne, the rings and pendants are made by a 70-year-old-plus woman in, of all places, Clatskanie, Oregon. She uses either sterling silver or sterling plate, and every piece is handmade from start to finish. Again, I think the rings in particular are VERY cool (I bought one for myself for Christmas) and worth checking out. You can contact Rosanne at Studio on Main, which is in downtown St. Helena in the Napa Valley.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Azy Does It said...

That ring is super cool! Where can I buy that wine around here?

Anonymous said...

I still like that visit we had to Sterling over in Napa.
Yor Bro

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to purchase my spoon ring.

Big Night Fan said...

Hi Adrienne, I buy my NV LOT 71 at this high-end place: Raley's!