Friday, January 11, 2008

Escape TO Alcatraz

I'm not a huge fish fan, but I LOVE seafood: shrimp, scallops, oysters, clams, crab, lobster, and so on and so on. Recently I stumbled upon Alcatraz Seafoods in Santa Rosa, which before had been primarily wholesale to suppliers but now is making a big push to bring in the general public. I stopped by there New Year's Eve to load up on some shrimp and salmon, and also had fun watching the staff fish out live crabs for patrons.




Fresh!


I'll have 15 of each:

Anyway, check em out sometime:
3230 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa 95407

3 comments:

Azy Does It said...

Wow! Never would have known this existed. My Grandma was always looking for a good place to buy fish, she didn't like it from the grocery store. Will check it out and pass on the info on to mom. Thanks T!

Anonymous said...

Look at those plump scallops. Yum.

Anonymous said...

I noticed on their truck that they refer to themselves as sustainable. I'm a vegetarian, largely for environmental reasons. Once in a blue moon (my birthday and New Years) I treat myself to seafood because I miss it so much. I'm going to check them out! Thank you!