Tuesday, March 18, 2008

PLEASE Don't Eat this Chowder!

O.K., time to catch-up on a down-home, rough-around-the-edges, almost-makes-you-cry-it's-so-good place. Yes, I LOVE the Napa Valley, and frequent what I call "Central" Sonoma County (Santa Rosa area) and the "West County" (Sebastopol and Occidental) but one of my true loves -- and where I plan to spend much more time via my new friend J., at the Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa -- is Bodega Bay. Recently, the crew and I headed out there for some wave watching, rock climbing, and, of course, fish eating!


Our stop this time? Sandpiper Restaurant, down on Bay Flat Road. It's a low-slung, non-descript place with, I think, awesome food. They're known for their awesome clam chowder (the waitresses all wear "Please don't eat the chowder" shirts"; cause they run out...) and fresh seafood dishes, like smoked salmon quesadillas, potato crusted halibut, and so on. Me? I got spicy this time, and went for the cajun-blackened snapper sandwich...which just happens to go perfectly -- perfectly, mind you -- with an ice-cold bottle of Anchor Steam. The next time you feel like some sea air and some fresh fish, consider the Sandpiper in Bodega Bay.

1410 Bay Flat Road
Bodega Bay, 94923
(707) 875-2278




No comments: