Monday, March 10, 2008

Tony Comes to Town (Well, Almost...)

Just a quick update that tomorrow (Tues, Mar 11) I'm meeting my friend pm at 8:00 a.m. to film my video inviting Tony Bourdain to come hang out with me and film an episode of his show No Reservations as part of his special fan video contest. (Just watched NR tonight; great episode on Tony returning to work a double-shift in the kitchen at his former "home" of 28 years, Les Halles in New Yawk City). I'm going to pitch Tony on visiting... Sonoma County, home of the "Big O" -- organic food and wine. I've written a script, p and I have mapped out our shooting locations, he's renting a microphone, and off we go, full of caffeine and the crazy notion that we might just win this d*** thing (or at least have fun trying, which is what life...when you think about...is really all about). Wish us luck. More, of course, on this soon....

P.S. And just to set the record straight, NO, I'm NOT going to be p's "best boy". (Though I will owe him a dinner; hmmm... perhaps at...oh, I'm too distracted right now! Seriously, I might not sleep tonight.)

3 comments:

a.polk said...

I just saw your film clip and I think it was so creative! Is that a real mustard field of a picture of one?

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Tony will pick your film and come visit Sonoma County. Where would you take him if he did visit?

Big Night Fan said...

Hi All,

Yes, that's a REAL mustard field. Soon I'll post the video for EMAF visitors to see. I'm working on a list for Tony of 'must-visit' places: more details to come soon!