Sunday, October 28, 2007

Candy Candy Candy

Ah, am still coming down off the Who Makes the Best Pizza in Sonoma County high so now must turn to another sugar staple to get the old blood (sugar) pumping: Halloween candy. For me when talking about Halloween candy, it's ALL about the chocolate bars. And isn't amazing that much of the candy I had as a kid is still around?

Do you have a favorite? I mean, come on: I know you do, so rather the question: Which is your favorite?

Three Musketeers?


Kit Kat? Butterfinger? Almond Joy? Mr. Goodbar? Nestles Crunch?

100 Grand?




There's no better food match than chocolate and peanut butter, IMHO. And here's an EMAF tip (though known by most, I know): to make your Reese's Peanut Butter Cups taste even better, throw them in the freezer for a bit. Ummmmmmm! Good! Anyway, have a safe Halloween. And if you want to have a little fun, check out the Hershey's Chocolate web site; it's pretty cool. And one more thing: Go ahead and splurge by having a candy bar from your childhood. It's O.K. to be a kid again for a few moments...and eating a candy bar (or two) from your Halloween's of past is one way to do that.

11 comments:

ckderum26 said...

I'm with you! Reese's PB cups don't last long in my house.

Big Night Fan said...

Great minds eat alike! (er, something like that...)

Big Night Fan said...

So cdk, what do the childless-for-now-but-not-for-much-longer(we-all-hope)among us do on Halloween? In other words, whose candy do you steal? You don't send c out on a mugging mission do you?

Anonymous said...

Dude: It's all about the Skittles!
Toby

Anonymous said...

For me there's no question as to my favorite kind of chocolate bar: THE LARGEST SNICKERS BAR I can possibly buy. It's packed with tons of peanuts which gives that very satisfying crunch and substance I love in candy bars. They're solid,firm,they definitely help you make it to your next meal.

ckderum26 said...

Oh we'll be knocking over every kid that comes between us and those PB cups for sure. Chris will be dawning his 4 foot high (and wide) afro and Elvis glasses. That's all that's required to get a laugh out of kids around here. . some of them come back twice to show their friends. It's all very amusing. I'm wishing the day would come and go though because we've got a big bowl of candy sitting on our kitchen counter staring at us. For those of us who don't regularly participate in candy eating, it's sort of a tough one to pass up (snickers, milky way, twix and reese's alike). I don't buy Halloween candy because it's on sale. I remember what it was like as a kid getting dum dums. . although I like myself a nice dum dum from time to time, i don't remember being all that appreciative as a child. . so I get the good stuff ;-)

Anonymous said...

The reese's cup are so fabulous and are definitely me favorite because I love that PB and Chocolate combo. If only they came in bigger sizes...

a.polk said...

I prefer the sweeter candies without chocolate like Laffy Taffy, Nerds, Skittles, and Starburts. Any one of those would be welcome in my halloween bag of candy!

Anonymous said...

Milk Duds

Anonymous said...

I am a huge Reeses Fan. Sometimes the cups, sometimes the pieces but, always the Reeses!
-Katie

Big Night Fan said...

cdk, hmmm, Chris in an afro and Elvis shades--that's ALMOST worth a drive to W.!

katie, love the poem ALMOST as much as I love Reese's!