Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Napa Valley Everyday: Part 2

Man, how time flies! Back in July (see my post of July 4: Napa Valley Everyday: Part 1), I began the first of a three-part series on "Napa Valley Everyday" restaurants--small, off-the-beaten path places I love for lunches while in the northern part of the Napa Valley, on Highway 29 stretching from St. Helena north to Calistoga. Now, finally, it's time to move to Part 2: Buster's Southern Barbecue and Bakery.

Buster's is located at the main stoplight in Calistoga, at Highway 29 and Lincoln Avenue. It's a low-slung building with neon signs and, best of all, an outdoor barbecue pit. I love to drive by in the early morning on my way to a meeting and see brisket and chicken and pork smoking on the grill...and just knowing that I'm going to be hitting there at lunchtime.





Sandwiches basically fall into four categories: tri-tip, pork, chicken, and hot links. I love to get a chicken sandwich slathered in their awesome bar-b-que sauce (I go for mild; and fyi, yes, hot means HOT) with a couple of sides, usually chili beans and cole slaw. And of course I wash everything down with a Black Diamond Amber Ale. Ahhhhhh. Buster's also serves homemade desserts, including cookies, muffins, and my favorite: sweet potato pie.

It doesn't get much better than this:


Ahhhhh:


Buster's is great home-made food made with care by real people (yes, there really is a Buster--I see him all the time). Anyway, check it out sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busters is delicious