Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pizza on My Mind

Ah, the anticipation continues to build for the EMAF Who Makes the Best Pizza in Sonoma County announcement this Thursday. The two contenders are, of course, Mombo's and Pizzio's. Pizza of course has been on the mind's of myself and FROTB. ckd made home-made pizza last Friday, and another FROTB asked me for specific Mombo's directions. And then last Thursday while lunching with JS at Tra Vigne restaurant in St. Helena, I had...of course...their Pizza con Fichi e Gorgonzola: pizza with black mission figs, gorgonzola, basil, and taggiasca olive oil.


The pizza was fantastic. Gorgonzola is one of my favorite cheeses, which complimented perfectly the sweet figs, which I've only recently tried...and learned that I really enjoy.

Ah, only two more days! Until then, sweet (and salty) dreams.

No comments: