Friday, October 5, 2007

Hello Darkness My Old Friend...

October has arrived with its cooler days and growing darkness. Dinner last night was chili and cornbread (smeared, of course, with butter), definite fall comfort food for a., mad, and myself. I'm starting to gear up for some fall/winter foods, including homemade chicken soup, a crock pot with a pot roast and veggies, my sweet potato casserole, and so on. And, of course, one of my favorite desserts: pumpkin pie.
Here's a pic of mad at the pumpkin patch, taken last year.


It's one of my favorite pics of her, with that look on her face which I know all too well and the uncontrollable urge (like her dad) to sometimes bite off more than she chew. I have to admit, I have a certain nostalgia about a lot of things, but thankfully I'm losing my desire to visit pumpkin patches. It's always like 90 degrees, there's NO shade, it's dusty as heck, and there's no beer or wine. Anyway, enough of that. Stayed tune later this month for my pumpkin pie recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really puts me in th spirit of fall in Northern California.
-Evan