Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary

I wax nostalgic, once again. Saturday, you see, was the one-year anniversary of Every Meal A Feast. That's right: it began, very humbly, on May 31, 2007. My inspiration was simple: I wanted to learn about blogging by doing it, so that I could then help my clients. And now, one year, 150+ posts, and more than 7,500 page views later, I guess the question now is: what have I learned?

That writing about great food and wine experiences is fun... but can never replace the experience itself.

That the world of food and wine is immense, and ever-growing. (I know, I know: DUH!)

That somehow, somehow -- by some grace -- the name Every Meal A Feast has turned out to be the right name. What do I mean by that? It makes sense. And it gets to the "something deeper" where I have always tried to go: that treating every meal like a feast means slowing down, savoring life, no matter how 'simple'. My friend Ruth has encouraged me to treat EMAF like a movement. I know, instinctively, she is right. What time is it? Now.

So thanks for reading. And get ready for another exciting -- and in-the-moment-- year of adventures with great food and wine.
P.S. The pic, by the way, is one of my favorites, which I've entitled Working Lunch. And my all-time favorite (as of now) EMAF post? My Cup Runneth Over.

No comments: