Monday, September 3, 2007

Join EMAF for an "Enchanted" Evening


Of the many unexpected pleasures I've received from this blog since I began it several months ago, perhaps the most gratifying have been the positive comments and well-wishes not only of friends, but also from quasi-friends, those people I know but haven't really spent much time with, for whatever reason. I've discovered that food and wine (or, at least in this case, sharing experiences about food and wine) really does help bring people together. So when my poker buddy Mike S., who has become a Frequent Reader of This Blog, asked me if I'd be up to go to a restaurant with him for a special meal, I not only jumped at the chance, but Mike and I discussed, and now we're inviting you, FROTB, to join us in this, the first Every Meal A Feast "Gathering".

And what a special meal it's going to be! We're off to Incanto Restaurant in San Francisco for Chef Chris Cosentino's special Il Quinto Quarto, or Fifth Quarter, tasting menu. Consentino, who has a special love of "offal" meats (he even has his own web site, OffalGood.com), prepares a special menu using those "lost cuts" which traditionally mainstream American has forgotten (or never eaten in the first place). A sample menu might include pig's feet, fish maw, lamb liver and kidney, and chocolate blood panna cotta. It's going to be a feast not only for the senses, but also sharing among friends. (Hey, it might just be Mike and I, and you know what, that's O.K.). So if you're interested, here are the details:

Date: Thursday Sept 20, 2007
Time: Reservations are at 7:30 p.m.
Location: Incanto Restaurant in San Francisco
Cost: $65 plus tax, tip and drinks. (NOTE: I am going to budget $100. Also, Every Meal A Feast will be providing at least one bottle of wine for the dinner.)
Carpooling: Will be available from Sonoma County
Reservations: You must reserve a spot by Sept. 13 by contacting me at my phone number or by email at bignightfan@gmail.com

We're throwing a party...and you're invited. Contact me if you want to join us for an enchanted evening!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit: I can't wait until your next post after visiting 'Il Quinto Quarto' in the city. I'll be waiting to read just what you guys had to eat. You know, there's a reason why those meat are 'not used here in the United States' but then again, maybe the Chef has these awesome concoctions that are just begging to be eaten. We'll see...Just keep us posted (pun intended:)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like TOO MUCH fun. Let me check my schedule and get back to you.
Dave W

Big Night Fan said...

I will definitely keep all FROTB "posted" on my Incanto adventures.

Anonymous said...

Incanto huh, well...I'll check your blog for sure after the weekend just to see what trouble you all got into. Please take good notes of the menu,ingredients but especially the meats that you'll be eating. I'm most interested in that!

Anonymous said...

Yo, throw that 11--I wish I could make it. Hmm, wonder what a plane trip tick costs from TN????
Yor Bro