Sunday, June 3, 2007

Tony Alert: June 4

All---Just a quick note that on Monday June 4 (7:00 and 10:00 p.m. PST) on the Travel Channel is one of my favorite food/travel shows: Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. This episode features Ireland, where I would LOVE to go to one day. There are many reasons to watch the show, including Tony's Hunter S. Thompson-ish take on life and the fact that he's a great writer. But most of all, he tries to dig below the surface of things. It's one thing to simply report on what's what, but it's quite another to try to decipher what that thing really means. And Tony tries to do that with each episode. Check it out.

4 comments:

ckderum26 said...

I caught only part of this. It was 7:30 when I remembered!

love the lobster bib ;-)

Big Night Fan said...

Yes, in every episode, there's always one "Let's make Tony look as foolish as possible" segment. Man, did that seafood look awesome, or what!

Trish said...

Aw, I missed this one! Love the show and his style - the guy will eat anything at least once. Great blog - should be a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing. However, I am too cheap to share in the favorite restaurants section. I stick to local, more affordable faves like Sweet River and Willie Bird Turkey - T

Big Night Fan said...

Thanks for your note Trish. No, no, no--this isn't only about "fancy"; it's about dives and such too. I'm going to be writing shortly on three of my fav casual places: Buster's, Silverado Brewing Company, and, of course, Taylor's Refersher. EveryMealAFeast is EVERYTHING--from "Go Fish" to the pleasures of a peanutbutter-and-jelly sandwich.