Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fun at the Fair

Attended the Gravenstein Apple Fair today in West Sonoma County (Sebastopol). Was a beautiful day weather-wise, wonderful people-watching, plus of course great food and drinks. MAD went with me along with her friend, Cassidy, and I even won Cas a Hermit Crab at the ball toss (what can I say: I can more than hold my own with anything having to do with throwing, hitting, tossing, or kicking a ball).

Here are highlights of our day in pictures:

Ode to the Apple

What it's all about: Gravenstein Apples used LOTS of ways...


Mad and Cas cooling off with some Hawaiian Shaved Ice (watermelon-flavored):



For lunch, I had a roasted pig tamale...




...prepared by chef Mateo Granados.



My tamale with a Laguanitas Schoolhouse Ale:



For dessert, ice cream and sherbet for the girls...



...and Apple Cobbler for me:


The fair stays open through Sunday August 12th, from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For more info, check out: http://www.farmtrails.org/.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of the girls with the desserts!
JimmyZ