Wednesday, August 22, 2007

LV: WWFD?


Am resettling back into life PV (post-Vegas). So What Would Frank Do? He'd make a list of great Vegas restaurants (great for a variety of reasons, from awesome steaks to 24-hour cheap eats) for himself and FROTB for future Vegas excursions. Please note that some listed here I ate in, while others were recommended to me by LV locals and others in-the-know.

Binion's Ranch Steak House at Binion's Gambling Hall and Hotel (vintage Vegas)

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House (they do it right with cigars, etc.)

Ellis Island Restaurant (24-hours; cheap eats)

Garden Court Buffet (at Main Street Station)

Grand Lux Cafe (another 24-hour place, at the Venetian)


Hugo's Cellar (at the Four Queens)

Le Cirque (trendy high-end place at the Bellagio)

Triple George Grill (old-school in the heart of Fremont Street)
And for fellow vintage Vegas fans like myself, there's also the tour of the Neon Museum.
What Would Frank Do? He'd go back as often as possible, and he'd ALWAYS go back in style.
P.S. Many of you have been following my Texas Holdem exploits as well (which I appreciate). With that in mind, here are the final tallies for my tournies:
8 tournaments entered
4 final tables
3 in-the-monies
1 2nd place finish
1 Tie for first

All in all, I think I held my own very well-- four days playing poker in Vegas, and coming out to the good.... I'll drink to that.

2 comments:

ckderum26 said...

Are you telling your liver to not fail you now?

Big Night Fan said...

The liver has survived and I think I've avoided the Betty Ford Clinic too. Score!